Mignon Grabois is a Nashville native by way of Houston, Texas, and has country music running through her veins. Her sassy, authentic lyrics create a bond between her and the audience. She isn't a newcomer to the country music scene with over nine years of performing experience in Nashville.
I met Mignon when I moved to Nashville two and a half years ago. I was a random roommate she welcomed into her home. Ever since meeting her for the first time and hearing her amazing talents, I have become her biggest fan and could think of no better female creative to feature first on Lashville than her.
Mignon's family relocated to Nashville over nine years ago to encourage her to pursue her dreams of becoming a country music singer. She attended Nashville School of the Arts where she continued to grow as a performer. Four years later she continued to perfect her voice, stage performance, songwriting skills and music business understanding at Belmont University as a commercial voice major.
After graduating from Belmont this May, Mignon hasn't lost any momentum as she fights for her dreams to become reality. Every day she writes with friends and seasoned Nashville songwriters creating killer songs like "Ricochet," "Buy Kissing" and "Gossiping," which can be heard on her SoundCloud page. This singer-songwriter is the definition of a true Lashville woman!
Mignon's advice for other Lashville women:
1. Get out and network, A LOT!
2. Go to shows, even if you are not involved in it, to get your face and name out there!
3. Meet as many people as you can because you never know who someone else knows. It's a small world after all!
4. You can be the most talented person in the world, but if you don't know anyone, nothing is ever going to happen.
5. When in doubt find the liquid courage!
6. Find common interests with people when trying to start a conversation. It doesn't have to be about the music industry. Try to connect with them on a personal level!
Follow Mignon on Twitter & Instagram @mignon_music and on Facebook @Mignon.Grabois
Thanks for reading!